Whitesville Letterman WV12077 159 30oz Wool melton set in award mens jacket, burnt orange and black, leather sleeve regular fit jacket. Embroidered and applique front and back. Wool body, leather sleeves with applique. Ribbed collar, waistband and sleeve cuffs, press stud closure. Quilted inner lining, front slit pockets with leather trim. SKU-CANE2099
- In Japan the Stadium Jacket is commonly called STAJUM for short, a Japanese English word that is associated with college gear traditionally worn by high school and college students in the United States to represent school and team pride as well as to display personal awards earned in athletics, academics or other activities. Stadium Jackets are also known as Varsity Jackets, Letterman Jackets and Award Jackets.
- During the 1950s the Stadium Jacket became very popular among the younger generation as a fashion item and was also worn by members of various clubs, car clubs, motorcycle teams etc. New styles were developed with variations of raglan and set in sleeves, a double collar and a wide, creative variety of colours for the ribbing.
- Normally the jackets worn by students have the team character and the first letter or initials of the high school or college the wearer comes from on the chest and the students number, year of graduation and award winning year are sewn on the sleeves. The letter patch is primarily made of chenille and felt materials originating from lettermen who participated in a sport in which chenille patches were rewarded. Letterman who play on championship teams often receive a large patch commemorating their championship that is worn on the back of the jacket and Lettermen who participate in a sport where medals are received often sew the medals onto their jackets to display their accomplishments. Their achievements and greatness are recounted according to how many patches are on their jackets
- Forever known as stadium jacket, authentic America award jacket, and also referred as Retamanzujaketto. The one wearing all the jewels and the pursuit of material reality, has become a badge of the rich Furudekoreshontaipu.
- Body 100% Wool - Leather sleeves